Are your wills and other legal documents up to date? Need help buying or selling a home? You can get expert help with these important arrangements - and save - through the Legal Plan.
The Legal Plan is administered by ARAG® and gives you access to a network or attorneys who can provide a variety of services, including:
- Small claims court
- Preparation of basic and complex wills
- Legal advice on matters such as divorce and guardianship
- Help minimizing and recovering from identity theft
- Mortgage preparation, deeds and power of attorney
- Legal representation in the sale or purchase of a primary residence
You can also tap into online legal resources at ARAG that include a law guide, document library and list of attorneys. If you are not a member use access code 10335fdc.
New! Identity Theft Protection
Identity Theft Protection is designed to give you an additional legal plan resources to rely on it something happens. Identity Theft Protection offers you and your dependents:
- Full Service Identity Restoration: Available 24/7, Identity Theft Case Specialists use a Limited Power of Attorney to restore your identity with lenders, credit bureaus, the state, county courts and more.
- Lost Wallet Services: Identity Theft Case Specialists help you cancel and replace all personal documents commonly carried in a wallet, such as credit and debit cards, driver's licenses, Social Security cards, checkbooks, insurance cards and more.
- Identity Theft Insurance: Provides up to $1 million in coverage for expenses associated with restoring your identity, including legal costs, the cost of replacing documents, loss of income and fraudulent withdrawals.
You can select the following Identity Theft Protection benefits by going online to register. You'll be asked to provide additional information depending on what you want to monitor.
- Credit Monitoring informs you of changes to your credit file - including loan applications, credit card applications, purchases and more.
- Internet Surveillance reduces the risk of identity theft by constantly monitoring websites and chat rooms where criminals buy, sell and trade stolen identities, then notifies you if any evidence of information is being traded or sold online.
- Child Monitoring provides an online report of the names, addresses and aliases found in public records associated with your child's Social Security number. It also shows information detected by Internet Surveillance and notifies you if there is any evidence that your child's information is being traded or sold online.
Paying For Coverage
If you enroll in the Legal Plan, you pay the full cost of coverage through after-tax dollars deducted from your paycheck.
For any legal matter that occurs or is initiated before you are covered by the plan, coverage will be excluded and no benefits will apply.
For More Information
Contact the ARAG® Group at (800) 247-4184, Monday - Friday 7 am - 7 pm, CT. You can also read about the Legal Plan in the Summary Plan Description, found here.